This past weekend, my wonderful sister helped me add a knock down texture to our cement basement walls with a product call Homax Roll-On Texture. I can honestly say this was a delightful product to work with from the ease of application to the low mess and easy clean-up. I was aiming for the “feel” […]
In my quest to find to perfect faux speckled egg texture, I have reached another threshold of speckled egg texture bliss. I won’t call this perfection, no siree, but I tried a little something different from the splatter paint texture technique of last year. After making the paint dipped soup cans a few months ago, […]
Would you like to get the look of chicken wire without all the chicken wire commitment? Okay, well there’s a small commitment. You will need a piece of chicken wire. But you won’t have to bend, flex, and tie it off like I so rigorously did with the chicken wire lamp shade, pumpkins, Christmas trees […]
Phase one of my kitchen update is finally done! Kitchen update 1 started back in June… okay, so it has taken a little longer than I had intended to come this far, but aside from staging it to look pretty with home decor trinkets and perhaps adding a bit of under cabinet lighting, I can […]
Copper and green were my colors of choice when I took a little road trip this weekend to craft with Jen from Girl in the Garage as she was hosting a Hometalk / Pinterest craft party at her local Michaels store. It was a short trip, just a little over and hour away, but well […]
Not everyone has a Valentine this year. As I was a single parent for many years, I myself have had many Valentine-less Valentine’s Days. Sure there were a few pity parties along the way, but in the end, I came to believe that I was exactly where I was supposed to be, and that was […]
I’m not kidding when I say that I like texture, and this Route 66 shelf is a prime example of just how far I will go to add texture to…well, just about anything! I originally bought this shelf at a yard sale for $3.00 about 10 years ago. It was old, beat up and painted […]
With the microwave challenge out of the way in the kitchen, we are finally able to get back into focus on the updating the scary basement. We have both been very busy at our regular jobs, so progress has unfortunately been a tad slow. But, at least by now, most of the clutter has been […]
I love a good experiment and that is exactly where I was headed when trying to mix Rit Dye colors while making a burlap table runner. I had most recently tried washing burlap and had pre-cut a few of the pieces as table runners. Using a mix of Cocoa, Scarlet and Tan dye colors with […]
For as far back as the Bronze Age man has been revitalizing himself with spa treatments in one way, shape, form or another. As Valentine’s Day approaches I am anxiously awaiting a day spa gift card, although I will probably have to settle for a box of chocolates. I did however, get to wondering just […]
Subscribe by Email
- Knock Down Texture for a Stone Look on Basement Walls March 6, 2014
- Speckled Egg Textured Decoupage Mason Jars March 3, 2014
- Rubbed Chicken Wire Texture on Paper February 26, 2014
- Kitchen Progress: Phase One is Done February 21, 2014
- Feeling Green Beaded Bottles February 19, 2014
- Love Thyself and Pamperalooza February 13, 2014
- Decoupage Paint Stick Magnets August 2, 2013
- Some of my Favorites for Getting Creative at Home August 7, 2013
- DIY Chicken Wire Lamp Shade August 29, 2013
- Raw Hide Faux Leather Storage Box with Lid September 16, 2013
- DIY Soda Can Metal Stamping May 31, 2013
- When Dogs, Cats and Pigs Fly for Sheltered Animals Benefit Tour October 16, 2013
- how to make speckled egg textured decoupage mason jars: […] See chicken wire texture paper here. [...
- how to make speckled egg textured decoupage mason jars: […] something different from the splatter pa...
- heather f: Oh yeah, much better! I love how quick and easy i...
- Danni@SiloHillFarm: Anne is such a rock star with her ideas and so are...
- Mel: Amy they are so beautiful I think they'd be great...
- Mel: Umm my entire house is horrid but cheap for that r...
- Christmas (11)
- Craft Projects (34)
- Decoupage (11)
- Destinations and Vacations (9)
- Furniture (8)
- Halloween (6)
- Home Decor (23)
- Illinois Route 66 (2)
- LIghting (7)
- Parties and Get Togethers (3)
- Perspective (12)
- Recipes (9)
- Rooms and Redesign (14)
- Seasonal (1)
- Spring (6)
- Storage and Space Saving (24)
- Texture (20)
- Time Traveler (1)
- Travel Tips (1)
- Uncategorized (15)
© 2014 Stow&TellU. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by