I’m going for a faux hammered copper look again, this time with soda cans. Some of you may remember my faux hammered copper attempt on the dish pans. Well that one didn’t work out as well as I had hoped, but since I’ve had a little success with the soda can labels I made last […]
Nashville hot chicken is the food to try when visiting Tennessee and the country music capital of the world. What is Nashville hot chicken? It’s southern fried chicken with a peppery spice rub that is usually so hot, it has its own rating system. The ratings may vary from chicken shack to chicken shack. We […]
Most recently I showed you a rather curious old photo that I had stowed away in my attic of a child on a pony. Well I’m pulling something else out of the stowaway pile and it just so happens to be one of my first crafty projects. Some would call it faux stained glass art, […]
I’m officially back from Nashville this week, although I’ve been home for over a week now, unofficially. Getting back into the routine they call “life” is not as easy as they say it is. Whomever “they” is must not have taken very many vacations. That’s all I’ve got to say about that, but we had […]
The log house at The Homeplace in Land Between the Lakes (LBL) Tennessee captures the rural lifestyle of middle America circa the mid 1800′s. In Land Between the Lakes Part 1, I told you a little bit about what it is and some of what it has to offer a visitor. Whether you are a […]
Nothing said spring like this brightly colored blouse I came across at the Goodwill a few weeks ago. It was pale yellow with accents of bright green, purple and orange. Made of a gauzy material, it had a kind of three dimensional texture with a flowery pattern running through it. Just too pretty to pass […]
That’s right, salvage an old sweater and turn it into a cat bed! In honor of fuzzy sweater season and because I seem to have an itch for yarn projects right now, as in the DIY yarn wrapped lamp, I’m going to re-share one of my oldest blog posts to date: a re-purposed sweater to […]
Are you like me with an attic or basement full of old photos, collections and mementos (otherwise known as junk) stowed away for safe keeping because you know you’re going to need it, want to look at it, or touch it again? You just can’t part with it…not yet, maybe never! I’ve always wanted a […]
I like to call springtime fuzzy sweater weather. It’s finally warm enough in Chicago to loose the parka, but it’s not quite warm enough to go without some kind of cover. I found this collection of yarn called Hometown USA from Lion Brand. It has bits and strands of color variation (called roving) running through […]
Land Between the Lakes, also known as LBL, is National Recreation area located on the western end of both Kentucky and Tennessee. Last spring we took several trips down to visit my son who was attending college at Murray State. You may remember the jaunt I made to the Hazel Kentucky Antique Shops or our […]
Subscribe by Email
- Faux Hammered Copper on a Soda Can April 17, 2014
- Nashville Hot Chicken is the Food to Try When April 14, 2014
- Stowaways – Faux Stained Glass April 11, 2014
- Nashville Groovin’ and a $500 Cash Giveaway April 8, 2014
- Log House at The Homeplace: Land Between the Lakes Part2 April 7, 2014
- Salvaged Blouse to Spring Vase April 3, 2014
- Decoupage Paint Stick Magnets August 2, 2013
- Some of my Favorites for Getting Creative at Home August 7, 2013
- DIY Chicken Wire Lamp Shade August 29, 2013
- Raw Hide Faux Leather Storage Box with Lid September 16, 2013
- DIY Soda Can Metal Stamping May 31, 2013
- When Dogs, Cats and Pigs Fly for Sheltered Animals Benefit Tour October 16, 2013
- Faux Hammered Copper on a Soda Can | Stow&TellUStow&TellU: […] didn’t work out as well as I had h...
- Dish Pan Dependant | Stow&TellUStow&TellU: […] One of which is a little something vinta...
- heather f: YUMMY! I have to get to Tennessee for some good f...
- Nashville Groovin' and a $500 Cash Giveaway | Stow&TellUStow&TellU: […] What to eat when in Nashville? […]...
- Nashville Hot Chicken is the Food to Try When | Stow&TellUStow&TellU: […] still have a $500 cash giveaway going on...
- Feral Turtle: OMG that is so funny. That reminds me of my son ...
- Christmas (11)
- Craft Projects (36)
- Decoupage (11)
- Destinations and Vacations (12)
- Furniture (8)
- Halloween (6)
- Home Decor (26)
- Illinois Route 66 (2)
- LIghting (8)
- Parties and Get Togethers (3)
- Perspective (14)
- Recipes (10)
- Rooms and Redesign (15)
- Seasonal (1)
- Spring (7)
- Storage and Space Saving (25)
- Texture (21)
- Time Traveler (1)
- Travel Tips (1)
- Uncategorized (16)
© 2014 Stow&TellU. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by