When someone gives me the opportunity to pamper myself, well, let’s just say I won’t go running in the opposite direction. So when I was invited to a Mary Kay event last month in celebration of International Women’s Day, I said “I’m in”!! It was just before my trip to Nashville and goodness knows I’d […]
Is it necessary to DIY your own gift bag? We DIY everything else, can’t we put a halt to things at some point after we’ve gone and hand made a gift and just before we are getting ready to wrap that gift up? Oh… I couldn’t agree more, but I’ve made my own gift bag […]
I’m going for a faux hammered copper look again, this time with soda cans. Some of you may remember my faux hammered copper attempt on the dish pans. Well that one didn’t work out as well as I had hoped, but since I’ve had a little success with the soda can labels I made last […]
Nashville hot chicken is the food to try when visiting Tennessee and the country music capital of the world. What is Nashville hot chicken? It’s southern fried chicken with a peppery spice rub that is usually so hot, it has its own rating system. The ratings may vary from chicken shack to chicken shack. We […]
Most recently I showed you a rather curious old photo that I had stowed away in my attic of a child on a pony. Well I’m pulling something else out of the stowaway pile and it just so happens to be one of my first crafty projects. Some would call it faux stained glass art, […]
I’m officially back from Nashville this week, although I’ve been home for over a week now, unofficially. Getting back into the routine they call “life” is not as easy as they say it is. Whomever “they” is must not have taken very many vacations. That’s all I’ve got to say about that, but we had […]
The log house at The Homeplace in Land Between the Lakes (LBL) Tennessee captures the rural lifestyle of middle America circa the mid 1800′s. In Land Between the Lakes Part 1, I told you a little bit about what it is and some of what it has to offer a visitor. Whether you are a […]
Nothing said spring like this brightly colored blouse I came across at the Goodwill a few weeks ago. It was pale yellow with accents of bright green, purple and orange. Made of a gauzy material, it had a kind of three dimensional texture with a flowery pattern running through it. Just too pretty to pass […]
That’s right, salvage an old sweater and turn it into a cat bed! In honor of fuzzy sweater season and because I seem to have an itch for yarn projects right now, as in the DIY yarn wrapped lamp, I’m going to re-share one of my oldest blog posts to date: a re-purposed sweater to […]
Are you like me with an attic or basement full of old photos, collections and mementos (otherwise known as junk) stowed away for safe keeping because you know you’re going to need it, want to look at it, or touch it again? You just can’t part with it…not yet, maybe never! I’ve always wanted a […]
Subscribe by Email
- MK Makeover and a Lemon Parfait Pedicure Set Giveaway April 24, 2014
- Salvaged Blouse to Gift Bag April 22, 2014
- Faux Hammered Copper on a Soda Can April 17, 2014
- Nashville Hot Chicken is the Food to Try When April 14, 2014
- Stowaways – Faux Stained Glass April 11, 2014
- Nashville Groovin’ and a $500 Cash Giveaway April 8, 2014
- Decoupage Paint Stick Magnets August 2, 2013
- Some of my Favorites for Getting Creative at Home August 7, 2013
- DIY Chicken Wire Lamp Shade August 29, 2013
- Raw Hide Faux Leather Storage Box with Lid September 16, 2013
- DIY Soda Can Metal Stamping May 31, 2013
- When Dogs, Cats and Pigs Fly for Sheltered Animals Benefit Tour October 16, 2013
- Anne: Hey Amy! What a sweet giveaway - and I've never ...
- MK Makeover and a Lemon Parfait Pedicure Set Giveaway | Stow&TellUStow&TellU: […] Women’s Day, I said “I’...
- Feral Turtle: Pure genius!! That is such a pretty gift bag! I ...
- Danni@SiloHillFarm: THat is really cute Amy! As I'm packing and sort...
- Amy: I promise I won't hold you to it, but bring on th...
- Amy: Hi Caroline, I didn't have trouble with the paint...
- Christmas (11)
- Craft Projects (37)
- Decoupage (11)
- Destinations and Vacations (12)
- Furniture (8)
- Halloween (6)
- Home Decor (26)
- Illinois Route 66 (2)
- LIghting (8)
- Parties and Get Togethers (3)
- Perspective (14)
- Recipes (10)
- Rooms and Redesign (15)
- Seasonal (1)
- Spring (7)
- Storage and Space Saving (25)
- Texture (21)
- Time Traveler (1)
- Travel Tips (1)
- Uncategorized (17)
© 2014 Stow&TellU. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by