We have a big Christmas get-together each year and as a tradition, we make homemade ornaments for everyone. There’s almost forty of us, and it’s never on Christmas day. There is just too many of us. We ALWAYS try to make these ornaments on the cheap, and I’m usually the one who has to come […]
While hauling stuff out of the basement for the remodel, I came across a torchiere lamp. I’ve made four piles while de-cluttering: salvage, sell, donate and toss. This particular lamp is in good working condition, but it has water stains on the lamp shade, which qualifies it as not worth trying to sell, a little […]
Are you one of the lucky ones, who has a dishwasher? Not me… No matter how much I update this townhouse kitchen, it will probably never have a dishwasher… and forever be dependent on a dish pan, or two. It does have central air conditioning, though. That I could not live without. But as […]
Since the cat’s out of the bag, and you happened to see my scary basement, I think you would agree that there is a lot of work to be done just to get it ready for a remodel, let alone start any remodeling. Thus, getting the basement ready for a remodel is exactly what […]
Travel isn’t always about where. It can be about when, as well. Lord knows, I haven’t been much of anywhere lately, but I did go to when this past weekend, so I thought I would share. It was fall 2007. We had finished up the bulk of our townhouse remodel, minus the scary basement. […]
My son went to Nashville and all he got me was a coffee mug!! Sure, I love my coffee, so the mug does come in handy, thank you. But, in all honesty, I actually got a little more attached to the fancy bags he brought the souvenirs home in. Not the plastic kind, but the […]
It’s steak-on-the-grill night!! By the time dinner is over, there’s not an ounce of steak left, right? Well, let’s just imagine for a moment that there is. That someone wasn’t hungry, or someone didn’t show up, or someone bought the family size portion because it’s a better value!!! Now you have a piece of steak […]
Did I ever tell you that I’m afraid to go in my basement? It’s very scary down there. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to go down there either. There is no shortage of spider webs…or spiders for that matter. Sometimes when I go down in the basement, I feel like there are giant spider webs […]
How do you take your Halloween? Do you like to gore it all up with the creepy and the scary? Or are you more the “slightly creepy, but oh so cute” type? Do you prefer the classic Halloween look that is subtle enough not to scare the pants off of your guests? I can’t decide […]
We have a pet cat. We like to call him Kitty. We adopted him from an animal shelter over 8 years ago. He and his siblings were find by the side of the road, with no cat parents in sight. They were brought to the shelter and from there, on to a foster family who […]
Connect with me by EMail
- Decoupage Paint Stick Magnets August 2, 2013
- Some of my Favorites for Getting Creative at Home August 7, 2013
- DIY Chicken Wire Lamp Shade August 29, 2013
- Raw Hide Faux Leather Storage Box with Lid September 16, 2013
- When Dogs, Cats and Pigs Fly for Sheltered Animals Benefit Tour October 16, 2013
- DIY Soda Can Metal Stamping May 31, 2013
- Rustic Twig Christmas Tree Ornaments December 4, 2013
- DIY Faux Cowhide Lamp Shade November 30, 2013
- Dish Pan Dependant November 26, 2013
- Get Your Kicks, Kitchen, Basement, or… November 20, 2013
- Time Traveler – Painting Fall Trees November 13, 2013
- Souvenir Bag Shoe Box Storage November 7, 2013
- Shanna Gilbert: Oh Amy these are too cute! You have to link them u...
- Bliss: You made that look simple. But you can't trick m...
- Mel: That's a beautiful tradition and I think the boar...
- heather f: Love this. And just so you know, I totally would ...
- Tanya: Amy these are really wonderful, I love bringing na...
- Feral Turtle: This is so cute. I am hosting another craft party...
- Christmas (6)
- Craft Projects (2)
- Crafts (17)
- Decorating Tips (5)
- Destinations and Vacations (9)
- Furniture and Salvage (8)
- Halloween (6)
- Health, Wealth and Beauty (2)
- Illinois Route 66 (1)
- Parties and Get Togethers (2)
- Perspective (6)
- Recipes (8)
- Redesign (3)
- Rooms and Spaces (1)
- Seasonal Crafts (1)
- Spring (3)
- Storage and Space Saving (14)
- Travel Tips (1)
- Tutorials (14)
- Uncategorized (14)
© 2013 Stow&TellU. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by